Hey everyone – we’ve been overwhelmed by your generous offers of support. As you may have heard, we did have instrument insurance (though not enough) and none of the eight members of our band and crew had personal insurance policies for their belongings and clothing. As such, there’s a tremendous gap between what insurance will cover and the costs we’re left to handle on our own.
Already, people from across the globe have stepped up to offer financial support and we are tremendously grateful. If you’d like to contribute, there are a couple of options:
- Funding support to assist with the expenses not covered by insurance (estimated to be around $50k)
- A Rally page has been set up here: https://www.rally.org/theblacklillies
- We understand international donations cannot be made through Rally, and so there is also a Paypal option:
- Attend an upcoming show. Now more than ever, it will do us tremendous good to see people enjoying this music. And we promise you’ll have a great time. You can find the tour schedule linked below.
- Buy our music. If you already have the music, turn a friend onto it (we don’t mind if you burn CDs and share them). The most direct way to get it is through our website (where you will also find the last few shirts that weren’t stolen because we were selling a few online!) but you can also visit your local independent record store, go to Amazon.com or iTunes, or your retailer of choice. (If they don’t have it in stock, you can ask that they order it from our distributor Sony RED.) We’re also on Spotify and Apple Music.
- Continue to spread the word about the instruments and help us track them down. Let’s make it impossible for these guys to sell them without getting caught.
- If there’s a touring musician in your life, maybe buy them a GPS tracker or anti-theft device in our honor. We don’t want to see this happen to other people. If you do that, please let us know via a Tweet or Facebook status and tag it with the hashtag #theblacklillies
- Call your local radio stations and request music by The Black Lillies. It’s a great way to show support and hopefully help us gain a few new fans along the way!
There are surely a million other ideas, and we’d love to hear yours in the comments below!
THANK YOU. We are so proud to be surrounded by such an incredible community of fans.